6/7/11

Jalapeno Popper Burger


I'm making a summer resolution.  I. Will. Blog. More. Recipes.  I am cooking but somehow don't "have" (make) time to blog the recipes...excuses. That's all I have to say about that.

A few weeks ago I got the "Mexican Pack" from the Bountiful Baskets and there were loads of fresh jalapenos in there so I sauteed some of them up and put them on a burger with caramelized onions and the burgers were awesome!  And then...I read the Everyday With Rachael Ray magazine and saw this recipe and Rob and I were both drooling just looking at the picture/recipe in the magazine. 

Tonight I made the burgers and...YUM-O.  (Sorry, had to quote Rachael Ray here).  I will make these again next week.  And probably again the week after...  I ate my burger on a sandwich thin bun and I used extra-lean beef, reduced-fat cream cheese and reduced-fat cheddar cheese so it wasn't so bad on the calorie count.

Jalapeno Popper Burgers
makes four burgers

3 large fresh jalapeno peppers
olive oil or cooking spray for cooking
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 Tb grated or finely minced onion
1 garlic clove grated or pressed (or more)
2 Tb cilantro, finely chopped
dash of ground cumin
salt and pepper
1 1/4 lb ground beef
4 thick slices sharp cheddar cheese
4-8 slices cooked bacon
4 bakery rolls (please, please use bakery rolls and not weird packaged hamburger buns.)

In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese, onion, garlic, cilantro and cumin. Set aside. Cut the jalapenos lengthwise and carefully scoop out the ribs and seeds with a spoon.  Slice the jalapenos thinly.  Saute the peppers in a pan over medium-high heat until just tender.  While the peppers are cooking form four equal hamburger patties and season them well with salt and pepper.  Cook the burgers on a grill or in a pan a couple minutes on each side or to your desired done-ness. At the last minute top each burger with a dollop of the cream cheese mixture and a slice of cheese.  Close the grill for a minute until the cheese starts to melt.  Serve on toasted bakery rolls and top with some of the sauteed jalapenos and bacon.

YUM!



post signature
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I just love my wife. I am so blessed to be the beneficiary of her talented cooking. I really look forward to coming home such an amazing woman that really knows how to cook.
    ~ Rob

    ReplyDelete