7/28/11

Seven Layer Greek Dip


I've pretty much been cyber-stalking Our Best Bites.  I'm obsessed with that blog because everything is so good and most of the recipes are very "homemade" but simple which is my "style".  I was quite skeptical about this dip when I first read the recipe because I wasn't so sure about the cream cheese/hummus combo.  But-- it was a Monday and we have small group Monday night and I had everything to make the dip on hand, so I did.  I did not regret that decision.  It is SO good.  The pie plate was scraped clean afterwards. The dip itself is much more colorful than it looks in this picture.



Seven Layer Greek Dip

8 oz block cream cheese, softened
1 tsp dill or Greek seasoning ( I used Pampered Chef dill mix)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 c. hummus
1 c. seeded, chopped cucumber
1 c. seeded, diced tomatoes
1/2 c. chopped olives ( I used green, kalamata or black would be great)
1/3 c. green onions, chopped (or red onion)
1/2 c. crumbled Feta
1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley

Combine soft cream cheese, seasoning, garlic and lemon juice.  Spread that mixture in the bottom of a pie plate.  Spread hummus over the top of the cream cheese.  Sprinkle on cucumber, tomatoes, olives, onions, feta and parsley.  Chill for at least two hours.  Serve with pita chips or tortilla chips or even veggies.




post signature
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment