10/15/12

Chili Cheese Baked Potato



Chili is the epitome of a fall meal.  Warm.  Filling.  Adaptable.  I use it in  many ways.  I recently started utilizing my freezer space more by making large or double batches of a meal and freezing some for later.  I've found that it is way less than double the work, it doesn't cost much more and it really pays off when I'm reheating frozen food instead of running to Pei Wei for dinner in a pinch.  With the most recent batch of chili I made, I was able to freeze 4 quart ziplocs of the leftover.  Last week I made these potatoes for dinner and everyone ate them happily, which lately is really saying something.  A baked potato bar would be a fun party meal, as the topping options are endless.  We had chili, shredded extra sharp Tillamook, chopped nacho jalapeno slices, diced red onion and sour cream.  I was bummed I didn't have any jalapeno dip on hand because that would've been super yummy.  Any chili would be just perfect.  I used this.




I love this picture because it cutely illustrates how patiently my family waits for their dinner while photos are being taken. I love them.


Chili Cheese Baked Potato
recipe by Cracked Up Kitchen


1 quart chili, your favorite chili is great
4 large baked potatoes
shredded cheese
sour cream
jalapenos
chopped red onion
any other favorite toppings

Heat chili until piping hot.  Split warm baked potatoes and top with chili and your desired toppings.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment