2/13/13

Dipped Pretzel Rods, Homemade Valentine's Treats



Here is a quick, last-minute homemade Valentine's Day treat for you.  I used to be a first grade teacher...so I can relate to the zillions of lollipops, conversation hearts, and Pixy Sticks teachers all over the United States will have piled on their desks tomorrow. I wanted to make something for my kids' teachers that they might enjoy more than a Fun Dip Valentine so I planned to make some Oreo Truffles, because who doesn't love those? But Robbie's teacher has been doing Weight Watchers very successfully and I didn't want to throw her off so I made these.  So. much. easier. than making Oreo Truffles! If you make a quick Wal-Mart run for pretzel rods and pink candy melts you could whip out these cute little treats in 20 minutes!  


Dipped Pretzel Rods
idea from A place for Amy

1 bag pretzel rods
1 bag candy melts, whatever color you like
sprinkles
foil or wax paper

Break the rods in half and set aside.  Put 1/2-3/4 of the candy melts in a glass bowl and melt according too directions.  Put a sheet of foil or wax paper out on the counter. Once the chocolate is melted pour it into a short glass or small coffee cup to make dipping easier.  Dip each pretzel and lay on the wax paper to harden.   Put on the sprinkles as desired.  I wrapped up five dipped pretzel halves in a cellophane bag with a scrap paper tag and some ribbon I had lying around...and easy as can be, done!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment