2/15/13

Cheese Danish




Since I've had a sweets week, I thought I'd end it off with some more sweets.  My family and I adore this recipe, it is super simple to make and kinda impressive at a brunch or morning meeting. It is absolutely not too late to wake up and have homemade cheese danish for breakfast tomorrow! 

Cheese Danish 

2 blocks cream cheese, softened
1 c. sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cans crescent rolls

1/2 c. powdered sugar 
2-3 Tb milk
dash vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Using a hand mixer blend together the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla.  Open a can of the crescent rolls and lay them on the bottom of the 9x13 pan, pinching the seas together.  Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crescent layer.  Open the second can of crescents and lay it over the cream cheese layer.  Bake uncovered 40-45 minutes, crescent rolls should be golden brown.  Let the danish cool 20 minutes before spreading the glaze over the top.  To make the glaze whisk together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla and spread over danish.  Enjoy warm, room temperature, or my favorite, cold!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment