2/18/13

Green Goddess Vinaigrette





This dressing is so delicious.  Seriously, it's our new favorite.  My mom made this recipe up and when she wrote it down for me and I looked at the recipe, it looked weird so I stuck it in the cupboard and forgot about it.  Then, I was at my mom's house and ate the dressing...and that was it.  It.  Is. So. Good. It's all natural, no chemicals like you might find in some grocery store dressings...and it isn't $6 for a bottle!  Win, win.


When you're looking for tahini, might I suggest you avoid purchasing the orange and white can of tahini?  It isn't very good.  At all.  But there are many brands out there in jars that taste awesome and my favorite is the one sold at World Market...and it's a good price.

Green Goddess Vinaigrette
recipe from my mom

1/2 c. apple cider vinegar
1-2 tsp. sugar
3 Tb. soy sauce
1/4 c. fresh parsley
1-2 green onions, chopped
2 Tb.(heaping) tahini
1-2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped 
1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
pepper (no salt because the soy sauce is so salty)
Put everything in the blender and blend until parsley, onions, and garlic is pureed and everything is incorporated.  Refrigerate up to 10 days.
post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment