10/25/09

Roasted Sweet Potatoes


I find that roasting almost any vegetable in the oven makes it delicious. You don't even have to do much to it. But it does take time so if you can multi-task you can do this!
I used to think I didn't like sweet potatoes because I didn't care for mashed sweet potatoes with maple syrup and brown sugar covered in browned marshmallows. I know this sounds un-American, but I hate them. However, I have found there are so many other ways to prepare sweet potatoes that I do like. Roasting them is one way I do like.

Sweet potatoes were on sale for $.59/lb which is a steal and since sweet potatoes are lower in glycemic index and carbs than white potatoes I try to use them at least once a week. Especially when they are so cheap!

Roasted Sweet Potatoes
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
olive oil
cooking spray
salt & peper
granulated garlic

Preheat your oven to 425. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Put the diced sweet potatoes on the cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil, tosssing to coat. Sprinkle with kosher salt & cracked black pepper & granulated garlic. Bake for 50 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment