12/24/09

Olive Nut Spread


Growing up my family always had crab dip, olive nut spread and various other snacks and appetizers on Christmas Eve. Then when we're thoroughly stuffed we would have ham & cheese soup to top it off. Oh, and a piece of fudge and some Christmas cookies. I could never find the recipe for the olive nut spread but my mom pulled out the oldies a few years ago and started making this again. I tried one batch and it was too salty so I think I added too many olives. So then the second round I figured it out.

If you don't like green olives, I can guarantee you will not like this dip. If you do like green olives...you will like it. We serve it with triscuits and rye bread. I put exact measurements for the olives and nuts but if you like it extra salty & olive-y add more.

Olive Nut Spread
1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup green olives with pimento, roughly chopped
3/4 cup pecan halves

Set cream cheese out and let come to room temperature. In a food processer process the nuts until they're small and toss in the olives and process another couple rounds. Add in the softened cream cheese and mix.

If you don't want to bust out the entire food processer you can chop the nuts and olives with a food processor or finely with a knife and mix it together in a bowl.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment