2/9/10

Spinach Dip


Yum. I love spinach dip. When I was pregnant with my first I craved pumpkin...and spinach dip. I ate lots of it, not even the really good stuff...the pre-made stuff at the grocery store. My friend Cindy would buy it for me every week at our small group bible study and I would eat half a baguette and half a bowl of dip.

Anyway, I digress. I have a long history with spinach dip. This recipe is super simple and based off of the recipe on the back of the vegetable soup mix. My neighbors and we inhaled this entire bowl-full at a football party a few weeks ago when the Cardinals died a slow and painful death.

Spinach Dip
1 c mayo (I used light)
2 c sour cream (light again)
1 package Knorr vegetable soup mix
1 box frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
3-4 garlic cloves, grated
2 green onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Mix everything together in a medium mixing bowl. Refrigerate at least few hours. Serve with veggies and/or bread.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment