4/1/10

Barbecued Chili




I saw this recipe on the Rachael Ray show and it looked good and I love chili so I tried it out and it was really good. I even made it for a friend who had just had a baby and I felt like it was appropriate because it isn't spicy.

I made a few changes to the original recipe because there was no beans and I like beans, I also used ground turkey because I had gotten some on sale that needed to be used up but ground beef would work great too.


Barbecued Chili
2 1/2 - 3 lbs ground beef or turkey
6 strips bacon, crisply cooked (I used turkey bacon)
1/3 c. worcestershire sauce
1 onion
6 cloves garlic, minced black pepper
3 T chili powder
1 1/2 T paprika
1 bottle beer
3 c. beef stock
1/2 c. cider vinegar
1/3 c. brown sugar
4 c. tomato sauce (2 14.5 oz cans)
2 cans Bush's baked beans, undrained

Brown the beef or turkey in a soup pot, drain well. Add in worcestershire sauce, onion,
and garlic.
Cook for 5 minutes or until onions and garlic are cooked through.
Add in pepper, chili powder, paprikaand stir well.
Pour in the beer and reduce a minute then add in the stock.
In a small bowl combine the vinegar, brown sugar
and tomato sauce.
Pour in the sauce mixture, the two cans of beans,
and the bacon.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for a while....as long as feels good to you.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment