12/31/10

Cheesy Texas Toast


My husband is currently working on a new "photo booth" for me with lights...this will be a gift to me and everyone who reads this blog so you will be protected from photos like this one.  Oh well.

Rob is somewhat obsessed with bread and would really enjoy having some kind of toast, biscuit, roll, etc with every meal.  Unfortunately I seem to have some sort of allergic reaction to cheese-laden carbs and when I eat them all of the sudden my pants are too tight.  However, I had a loaf of Texas Toast leftover from French Toast so I went with this with our spaghetti and meatballs.  I did splurge on a few bites and it was good!  This bread would be great with chili or beef stew too.




Cheesy Texas Toast1 stick butter, softened
1 Tb mayo
2 tsp granulated garlic
dash of salt
a few grinds of pepper
1/2 c. shredded cheddar
1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
2 Tb grated parmesan cheese
10 slices Texas Toast (found inthe bread aisle)

Spread a dollop of the butter/cheese mixture on each slice of bread and bake at 425 for 10 minutes or until  the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted. 



post signature
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment