3/1/11

Sweet & Tangy Slaw



Cabbage is super cheap right now, so what better time to make some coleslaw?  I am extremely motivated to save money and I almost always plan my meals around what's on sale that week and what I have in my pantry/freezer already.  Slaw it is.

This is a very good, simple, quick recipe.  I've found that people who "don't like coleslaw", like this. I first had this when a friend at work made it for our team.  Yummy.  It goes great with burgers, grilled chicken or steak.



Sweet & Tangy Slaw

8 c. shredded cabbage
2 carrots, shredded
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1 Tb sesame seeds
2 pkg Ramen noodles, seasoning packet reserved (I prefer beef but chicken would do)

Dressing:
2 ramen seasoning packets
1/2 c. apple cider vinegar
1/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. vegetable or canola oil
1/2 tsp pepper

Toss together all veggies, seeds and ramen noodles (crushed).  In a separate bowl mix together the dressing ingredients and wisk until incorporated.  Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat.  Chill 2-4 hours.



post signature
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment