11/22/09

Guacamole


My father in-law makes the best guacamole. Please don't even try to dispute that because he just does. I'm sure your mom's guacamole is good too....but it can't be as good as his. I'm pretty sure he could start selling it at a stand in front of his house and make a zillion dollars because really once people taste it....they'd come back....a lot.
He showed me how to make "his" guacamole but it never ever turns out as good as the original. But, it's pretty good so I decided to show you. This picture isn't very good but it looked nice and green in real life. I'd like to add that I'm pretty sure it's an unforgivable food sin to put cottage cheese into your guac. Please please please never do that. It's just not right.
I never measure anything, so here's the rough measurements for tasty, but not perfect guacamole. (As mentioned before my father in-law makes perfect guacamole and I am not him...so that's that.)

 
Guacamole
4 ripe avocados seeded
1 1/2 T finely diced red onion
1 1/2 T finely diced roma tomato
1/4 c. pace picante sauce, strained
1 tsp garlic powder
salt & pepper
1 or 2 T sour cream (depending on how creamy you like it.)
a few shakes of Tabasco
juice of half a lime

Put all the ingredients except lime juice in a bowl. Mash and mix with a fork. Taste. Adjust seasonings to your liking. Squeeze the lime juice over the top of the completed guacamole. This will keep the green color from turning brown. Definitely serve this along side salsa and chips.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment