12/4/12

Pinspiration: Displaying Christmas Cards



We have a lot of family and get lots of Christmas cards, which I love! Every single year I am looking for a way to display my Christmas cards.  I have tried at least six different ways to display them and never was in love with any of them.  Somewhere during the last year I pinned this idea and miraculously....I remembered to look at my "Christmas" pin board this November!  I am loving this way to show my cards.  So very simple, not expensive and can add some color or decor to even the simplest holiday decor in a few minutes.  Thank you to Budget Wise Home for the great idea!

Supplies Needed:

  • ribbon
  • scissors
  • tape
  • mini clothespins
Here's what to do:




  1.  Measure your cupboards so you know how much ribbon you need.  You need a little extra to fold over the tops and bottoms so don't forget to account for that.
  2. Choose a ribbon, I would suggest something a little wider and not sheer so that it will hold more weight.  I got this finished burlap which is also used as garland on my tree so it all ties in.
  3. Cut the ribbon to the length you need. Don't forget to account for the extra needed to go over the tops and bottoms of the cupboard doors or you'll be sad.
  4. Attach the ribbon with tape at the top of the inside of the cabinet door.  Then tear off a shorter piece of tape and roll it up and stick it on the back of the middle piece of ribbon on the front of the door for extra hold. Lastly attach the ribbon with tape at the bottom of the inside of the cabinet door. Note: I started out with packing tape and then I ran out, so I ended up with duct tape which is a little stronger but I can't guarantee I won't be scrubbing the ductape residue off with googone after Christmas!
  5. Clip your cards on the ribbon with tiny clothespins & enjoy them!

http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.crackedupkitchen.blogspot.com%2F&media=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F-D6aET8r0dms%2FUL5qZapRoiI%2FAAAAAAAAAWE%2F-onAYKYcgVM%2Fs1600%2Fchrist%2Bcards%2Bribbon.JPG&description=Cracked%20Up%20Kitchen%3A%20Christmas%20Card%20Display
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment